Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Review: Argoil Renew Hair Mask

**Disclosure: I received this product for a discount in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.**  


My hair is far from being iconic, stylish and vibrantly healthy.  This last time around at the salon, what should have been an ombre turned into a roots peeking highlight job.  Very sad that it didn’t have the fading from one color to the next, and that the lighter color went too high up.  But in fear of burnt hair, I let it go and walked away with a half smile.  How do you even begin to approach your stylist about the eh-overcharged POS job they did?  I knew I would have to do some damage control, including some special conditioning.  Argol Renew Hair Mask offered just the help I needed to start getting it back to a healthier appearance.  


When the product came in, I could not wait to get my hands on it.  Opened up that sucker and I was greeted with a soft fine aroma and a thick luxurious cream.  In reading the directions, I was unfortunately discovered they were limited.  It said to apply to the hair, rinse with warm water, once a week.  But I needed details… Apply dry? Apply wet? How long do I wait?



So this was really about trial and error.  I read up on reviews and other masks, and the directions I found were varying as well. So I just gave it a shot. First time around, dry hair.  Rubbing that mask through was difficult because I didn’t feel like it was gripping onto the hair right.  Waited about 10 minutes, showered, and then checked the results.  Guessing my hair was just too dry for it to really create the mask effect. While my hair was conditioned and pretty smooth, I wanted more.  The next time, I did it while in the shower with wet hair.  After I shampooed, I skipped my regular condition and applied the mask.  This is where I felt it coat the hair.  I tried to wait it out as long as I could, and what felt like ten minutes was probably more like five.  Rinsed it out, and checked the results. This was so much better.  Combed it out smoothly and enjoyed the fresh scent.  My hair was easy to manage, smooth and soft to touch.  It stayed that way after I had straightened it with a flat iron as well.  My hair felt so nice and again, the smell was wonderful.

I have been pleased with this product.  While my hair is still in a healing phase, and soon it will undergo a coloring process to return to dark hair for the fall and winter, I expect that I will continue using this weekly to ensure I am giving it some extra TLC.

So if you are interested in it, I found it on Amazon - Argoil Renew Hair Mask - and I recommend you give it a try if you are looking to give your hair some extra love.  

**Disclosure: I received this product for a discount in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.**  

No comments:

Post a Comment